TVC Episode 029- Carol Linden From EffectiveWithPeople.com Talks About What Entrepreneurs Look Like
Carol Linden is the author of The Job Seekers Guide for Extraverts and Introverts. She knows that playing well with others is good business, so she uses temperaments, interaction Styles, and psychological Types (Myers-Briggs) to help you knock down the barriers between you and the people you need to communicate with. This can include coworkers or potential clients.
CAROL has decided to work with me to create an ongoing series of shows that we’re calling “Know Yourself; Know What You’re Getting Into”
The topics we will be discussing include:
- Know What You’re Getting Into
- Know Your Strengths and Your Entrepreneurial Strengths
- Know Your Working Style
- Know Your Temperament
- Know Yourself—Introvert or Extravert or Inbetween?
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Even if you’re not a big risk taker, you may still be cut out to be your own business owner.
What’s the #1 profile most likely to leave their job to start their own business?
- Middle aged white guys who are just sick and tired of working for other people.
- It takes a lot of energy not to be who you are.
- For supporting your transitions in life, pick people to surround yourself with who are able to hear and bolster your story. Forgive the rest of the people in your life even if they cannot support your efforts.
- Communicating with other people that have different personality traits requires you to adopt their prefered communication methods.
- This is called flexing, and it can take extra energy to maintain for long periods of time.
- Your goal should be to “flex” about 20% of the time. For optimal mental health, you should never have to flex more than 50% of the time.
- Every personality type is equally suited to be an entrepreneur.
- The most important thing to be successful as a business owner is to be passionate about the business!
How to Connect With Carol Linden:
Visit her website: