Stop Being a Sheeple, People! These Are The Resources I’ve Discovered To Start My Entrepreneurial Voyage. I May Not Know Exactly Where I’m Heading- But I Sure Know Where I’ve Been. And I’m Not Ever Going Back!
Below are all of the best resources that I’ve found for setting up your own business. The list is an ongoing gift to you for being a part of The Video Crush Crew. It represents the tools of the trade that I use and trust everyday.
I believe in these products and I use them for my business. I only place products on my resource page if I feel confident that you will benefit from using them. Please only purchase products that you feel confidence in yourself.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links are affiliate links. This means that I will receive a commission if you decide to make a purchase. There is no additional cost to you for purchasing through my links, but I would be appreciative if you decide to do so.
Blue Host: I’ve used several web hosting services, but I have settled on Blue Host because they have never let me down.
- The user interface is the easiest to use of all the others I’ve ever tried, and this feature alone saved me days of work when I first setup TheVideoCrush.com with them.
- My website loads fast for my audience which is critical for retaining traffic to your site.
- Unlimited Space
- Unlimited Transfer Service
- Unlimited Domains
- Outstanding and responsive 24/7 Support
- Only $3.95 / mo.
You’d have to daft not to use Blue Host
Phlearn with Aaron Nace is a teaching program that teaches you how to do amazing things in Adobe PhotoShop. I’ve been a user since 1997, and the Phlearn classes always stun me by teaching me things about Photoshop that I never thought of before!
I realize that not everyone has Photoshop. That’s ok.
- For those of you that think you know PhotoShop- You’re probably always looking for creative new uses.
- If you don’t have it, I would consider learning Photoshop because it will help you to expand your creativity. (Perhaps creativity was beaten out of you like a government mule when you were in school)
In my experience as TV editor for 20+yrs, I’ve found that my photoshop skills are among my most valuable.
Now, as a Blogger, YouTuber, and a Podcaster, I find that knowing Photoshop really well saves me time and money almost every day.
Aaron Nace is a teacher extraordinaire, and I love my Phlearn classes!
- Hootsuite: Take command of your social media accounts. This application allows you to schedule what you blast out, and when you want your blast to happen. Very Cool!
- Evernote: The one application I use to aggregate everything for my business. I use it keep track of to do lists, notes, and websites. The material becomes available across all of my devices, and the search functions are powerful enough to ensure that I can always find what I’m looking for.
- TextExpander: This is a nifty app that saves me a HUGE amount of time every single day! It allows you to make keyboard short cuts that represent large blocks of text, sentences, or even paragraphs. If you have a business, this is awesome because you don’t want to type your url or your business description over again overtime you write new correspondence. I love TextExpander.
My Favorite Place For Bargain Book Shopping
- If you haven’t heard of BuckBooks.net, let me be the first to tell you how awesome they are!
Books at this site are always 99 cents. The catch is that there’s a limited number of titles available each day. The cool thing, is that they have themed events that feature great titles on one topic. They regularly have an Entrepreneur Event and there’s also another event just for Online Businesses. If you can wait for the events to come around, then you can get new books for under a dollar! it’s my favorite way to buy books. Because I’m like that Kinks song. You Know, Low Budget.