TVC Episode 027 With Life Coach Divya Parekh
Divya Parekh is a committed Leadership and Wellness coach. Her programs are designed to help clarify your vision, unravel the hidden motivators that are holding you back, and establish a malleable “life plan” to achieve success.
I’ve had the pleasure of seeing her speak, and I have seen first hand the power she has to move people to action.
• Divya’s path to becoming a confidence catalyst started many years ago when she was working in other fields.
She was in the biotechnology space, and did work as an associate professor and research scientist. In this role, she helped people in a broad way- contributing to the development of life-saving vaccines. Divya was good at what she did, and earned a very handsome salary.
• But she wasn’t fulfilling her true calling.
•Worse- the prestige and salary were keeping her back from pursuing her true gifts.
Does this sound familiar yet?
For Divya Parekh, it was natural for people to come to her with problems, and it was instinctual for her to become a catalyst to solve those problems. She enjoyed helping her colleagues at work, but she knew that she needed to leave the corporate environment to do that for everyone.
It took courage and the help of others, but Divya was able to break her golden handcuffs, and gain her coaching certification. Now she is fulfilling her personal need to help the world in a more personal way.
• In her current role as a life coach, Divya is dedicated to making people more aware of the personal barriers that have been erected around us and hold us back from fulfilling our true purpose.
• She has developed a strategy that allows her students to Step Into Their Best Selves.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What feels personal to us, is often-times universal.
- Simon Sinek has it right when he challenges us to find our “Why.”
- When you become stuck in life, the antidote is to live life with “Vibrancy.”
- Many of us build Golden Cages around ourselves- made from the comfortable perch of a corporate lifestyle. This is one way to become stuck in life. In a cage, their’s no mobility.
- The best tool for dismantling your cage is to find and use your passion.
- Stop waiting for other people to come along and lead you. Lead yourself.
DIvya’s 4 Ways To Get Unstuck:
- Acknowledge the situation that you’re not progressing in life, and that you’re stuck. Own and accept it. Then, make a full stop.
- Bring yourself into the present. Parse out what you want in life, and confront your true fears.
- See how you can serve others.
- Build an action plan with small goals built in to chip away at the things that have been stopping you in the past. If you make your goals too large then it will take too long to achieve them. You must make small, regularly achievable goals to provide encouragement. The encouragement will lead you naturally to your next achievement.
7 Ways To Step Into Your Best Self
- Drink water. Stay hydrated.
- Find 1/2 an hour at the beginning of each day for your personal rejuvenation.
- Declare your intentions for the day.
- Set up reminders for yourself for the things that you need to do that day.
- Take 20 minutes to exercise. – This will release endorphins and remind your brain what achievement feels like- Leading you naturally to your next achievement.
- Smile. Help somebody else during the course of your day.
- At the end of each day, write in a journal about the day’s events. Note what worked, and what didn’t work. Most importantly, make a list of the things you appreciated in your day shortly before going to sleep each night.
Books that Divya Referenced: (Affiliate links)
Thank you, Divya. You CRUSHED IT!